Laser Tool Setter LTS35.60
|Repeatability||0,1 (2 σ)|
|Power supply||24 VDC / max. 500 mA|
|Laser||Centrally focused / 639 nm / <1 mW|
|Laser safety class||2 (IEC825)|
|Working temperature range, °C||10 - 50|
|Storage temperature range, °C||5 - 70|
|Protection class||IP68: EN60529 (connected, air-curtain on)|
|Service life||>1 million ON/OFF cycles tested|
High-end laser optics
- Strongly exposed focus point.
- Smallest tool diameter 8 µm.
- Offers large alignment tolerance.
- Precise tool measurement.
TCS – true cutting scan for the highest precision
- Scans the really longest cutting circle.
- Searches the longest cutting circle diameter.
- Uses this to the exact length measurement.
- Correct tool length measurement.
- Determines the real tool length.
- High precision length measurement.
- High-end functionality – exclusively from m&h.
Precision and process reliability
- Precision measurements regardless of geometry and tool dimensions.
- Uncertainty in measurement due to varying thermal expansion of materials is ruled out.
- Precision measurements for tools larger than 0.008 mm (0.0003'').
- Supersonic air jets significantly reduce measurement errors from dirt on the tool.
- Software algorithms to eliminate the effects of coolant drops.
- No interference from ambient light.
Applications and measuring routines
- Dynamic, precision measurement of length and diameter for almost any tool from Ø >0.008 mm (0.0003").
- Measurement of the cutting edge geometry at nominal speed.
- Length compensation of dynamic changes in tool position.
- Correction of tool length in case of thermal change and thermal drift of the spindle or machine axes.
- Diameter compensation for dynamic changes in the rotational diameter of a tool.
- Detection and compensation of tool wear.
- Monitoring of run-out, tool change and clamping errors.
- Tool breakage detection.
Tool cleaning using laval nozzle
- Laval nozzle with supersonic pressure.
- Tool cleaning in measuring position.
- Tool cleaning with nominal rotation speed for optimum cleaning results.
- Minimal cleaning distance.
- Sealing cap prevents penetration of foreign objects and liquid.
- Compact, stainless steel housing.
- Laser optics protected using motor-operated shutter unit.
- Air curtain prevents dirt particles entering the device.
- Measurement system sealed according to IP68 standard.
Operation suitable for the workshop
- Simple and reliable calibration and set-up of the laser unit.
- Maintenance of the laser optics without tools, removable shutter unit.
- Easy to regulate, accessible air curtain.
- Measurement of very short tools possible.
Anywhere in the world our field engineers install probing systems and software solutions. Do you have questions about the products or do you need application assistance on your machine tool? We will advise and support you until your problem is solved. We offer trainings in order to give confidence to the machine tool operators. Our quick repair & exchange service for damaged probes avoids downtime. The Hexagon Metrology worldwide sales and service network offers qualified advice and local service, quickly and effectively.