Infrared Touch Probe IRP40.40-LF
|Unidirectional, μm||1 (2 Σ)|
|Recommended probing, mm/min||Max. 480|
|Probing directions||±X, ±Y, -Z|
|Max. stylus deflection, mm||X/Y ±14°; Z -4|
|Trigger force with 20 mm stylus||X/Y = 0,08 Н, Z = 0,8 Н|
|Power supply||1 x 3V Batterie Typ ½AA|
|Battery Life Time||Up to 440h in continuous use|
|Weight without shank, g||240|
|Working temperature range, °C||10 – 50|
|Storage temperature range, °C||5 – 70|
|Transmission angle, °||120 – 360|
HDR – high data rate technology
- Different from worldwide line frequencies of 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
- Transmission frequency of 75 Hz.
- Extremely high data rate of 9600 light pulses/sec.
- Large transmit and receive angle with min. 120°- all around 360°.
- No interference from ambient light.
- Safest infrared transmission.
- Ensures process-reliable automation.
Patentierte thermo-lock® technology
- Prevents heat transfer from the spindle to the probe.
- Delivers consistent, precise measurement results even by large temperature differences.
- HSK shanks with THERMO-LOCK® technology are available in various sizes.
- Precise measurement results even by large temperature differences.
- Eliminates uncontrolled expansion of the shank and probe body.
Always minimum contact force
Comparison of velocity/trigger forces between m&h IRP40.40-LF with stylus 20 mm and competitors probes
- Speed 0mm/min: force IRP40.40-LF - 0,82N (competitors 2,26N).
- Speed 20mm/min: force IRP40.40-LF - 0,96N (competitors 2,54N).
- Speed 120mm/min: force IRP40.40-LF - 1,09N (competitors 4,75N).
- Speed 254mm/min: force IRP40.40-LF - 1,22N (competitors 6,42N).
- Speed 0mm/min: force IRP40.40-LF - 0,08N (competitors 0,08N).
- Speed 20mm/min: force IRP40.40-LF - 0,11N (competitors 0,13N).
- Speed 254mm/min: force IRP40.40-LF - 0,14N (competitors 1,31N).
Performance and process reliability
- Trigger force with 20 mm stylus – XY = 0,080 N, Z = 0,800 N.
- Up to 300 hours of continuous use before battery change.
- HDR (High Data Rate) transmission excludes interference of measuring from ambient light.
- Large transmitting and receiving angles guarantee reliable transmission and enable a large working area.
- Adjustable air-blow nozzles at touch probe and receiver ensure clean measuring and receiving areas.
- Transmission power can be adjusted while mounted on the machine.
Sturdy and well protected
- Probe housing made of stainless steel.
- Water-proof probe sealing using IP68 standard.
- Resistent to falling chips and coolant.
Anywhere in the world our field engineers install probing systems and software solutions. Do you have questions about the products or do you need application assistance on your machine tool? We will advise and support you until your problem is solved. We offer trainings in order to give confidence to the machine tool operators. Our quick repair & exchange service for damaged probes avoids downtime. The Hexagon Metrology worldwide sales and service network offers qualified advice and local service, quickly and effectively.